FRANT PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of Planning Committee Meeting
Monday 9th May 2011, 7:30pm, Eridge Village Hall
Present: Councillors Crookshank (Chairman), Mrs Best, Hall, Harris, Mrs Howell.
1. TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE
Apologies were received from Councillors Mrs Myers, Rowland and Wright.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS
3. PUBLIC FORUM
4. TO CONSIDER LICENCE AND PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AND MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS.
The following applications were received and comments made:
- WD/2011/0842/F – 6 Sellbourne Park, Frant TN3 9DG
Proposed single storey rear extensions and pergola.
The Council have no objection.
- WD/2011/0715/F – Ferndale, Mayfield Road, Frant, TN3 9HT
Two storey side extension to provide annexe. Living room, study, 2 bedrooms and common bathroom.
The Council express concern about vehicular access as this dwelling is located on a notoriously dangerous corner with numerous accidents. The property is also by Nap Wood which is a Site of Special Scientific Interest, owned by the National Trust.
Should this application be granted we would request a condition be added preventing the annexe to be sold separate from the main property.
- WD/2011/0704/LDE – Land to rear of 6 Little Bayham Cottages, Little Bayham, Lamberhurst, TN3 8BD
Use of land for residential purposes.
The Council object to this application.
The Council does not object to using the land for car parking. However, we object to concreting over agricultural land and believe this application will set a bad precedent in the local area.
5. TO NOTE APPLICATIONS GRANTED, REFUSED AND WITHDRAWN BY DISTRICT COUNCIL
The following instructions were noted:
- WD/2011/0260/F – 18 Warren Ridge, Frant TN3 9EE – Single storey side extension. Existing fence to be relocated.
- WD/2011/0001/F – Frant Lakes, Hawkenbury Road, Bells Yew Green TN3 9AP – Proposed warden’s residence (amendment to WD/2010/0016/F).
- WD/2011/0270/F – Inchbroom House, Bells Yew Green Road, Frant, TN3 9EB – Erection of a barn on agricultural land for the storage of farming equipment and animal feeds.
- WD/2011/0562/LDP – 6 Sellbourne Park, Frant TN3 9DG – Proposed pergola
There being no other business the meeting closed at 8:10pm