FRANT PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of Planning Committee Meeting
Monday 7th March 2011, 7:30pm, Frant Memorial Hall
Present: Councillors Crookshank (Chairman), Mrs Best, Harris, Mrs Myers and Rowland.
1. TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE
Apologies were received from Councillors Burgess, Gray, Hall, Houlihan, Mrs Howell and Wright.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS
3. PUBLIC FORUM
4. TO CONSIDER LICENCE AND PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AND MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS.
The following applications were received and comments made:
- WD/2010/2627/F – 1 Fairview Cottages, Fairview Lane, Broadwater Forest, Tunbridge Wells TN3 9LU
Single storey rear extension
The Council supports this application.
- WD/2011/0260/F – 18 Warren Ridge, Frant TN3 9EE
Single storey side extension. Existing fence to be relocated.
The Council have no objection regarding the property. However, the Council have raised concern regarding the ownership of land following the relocation of the boundary fence. We trust this matter is in hand but we have not been shown any supporting documentation.
- WD/2011/0270/F – Inchbroom House, Bells Yew Green Road, Frant TN3 9EB
Erection of a barn on agricultural land for the storage of farming equipment and animal feeds.
The Council strongly object to this application due to the size of building being out of proportion to the needs of the land being farmed. The applicant is not a farmer and, to our knowledge, does not employ farm workers but employs agricultural contractors.
This is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and the proposed barn is situated next to the Frant Road, located at the top of the ridge. It will attract attention to be broken into.
The proposed site is also alongside a public footpath.
5. TO NOTE APPLICATIONS GRANTED, REFUSED AND WITHDRAWN BY DISTRICT COUNCIL
The following instructions were noted:
- WD/2010/2703/F – The Firs, Broadwater Forest Lane, Tunbridge Wells, TN3 9JP – Demolition of existing shed and replacement with garage/workshop
- WD/2010/2755/LB – Frant Country Stores, The Green, Frant, TN3 9DA – Remove rear window and construct external door to provide access to rear garden including timber external steps
- WD/2010/2722/F – Unit K1, The Brewery Business Centre, Bells Yew Green, Frant, TN3 9BD – Change of use from B8 to B1. External cladding to exposed blocks to match adjacent unit
- WD/2010/2653/F – 2 Green View, The Green, Frant, TN3 9ED – Front Porch
There being no other business the meeting closed at 7:55pm