FRANT PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of Planning Committee Meeting
Monday 7th February 2011, 7:30pm, Frant Memorial Hall
Present: Councillors Crookshank (Chairman), Mrs Best, Gray, Hall, Houlihan, Mrs Howell and Rowland.
1. TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE
Apologies were received from Councillors Mrs Myers.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS
3. PUBLIC FORUM
4. TO CONSIDER LICENCE AND PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AND MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS.
The following applications were received and comments made:
• WD/2011/0001/F – Frant Lakes, Hawkenbury Road, Bells Yew Green, TN3 9AP
Proposed Warden’s Residence (amendment to wD/2010/0016/F)
The view of Frant Parish Council remain the same as the original application and we are not convinced as to the reasons to amend the original plan (unless to improve the view). We continue to hold the opinion that this property is a major construction for a warden’s residence in the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, which Wealden should be preserving.
We would refer Wealden to refused planning application WD/2010/2511/F which quotes: ‘the application site lies in a rural location within the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, outside any defined development boundary, where development is strictly controlled by planning policies that seek to protect the countryside, to restrain residential development outside the development boundaries and to retain existing business premises where appropriate.’
5. TO NOTE APPLICATIONS GRANTED, REFUSED AND WITHDRAWN BY DISTRICT COUNCIL
The following instructions were noted:
• WD/2010/2127/F – The Old Workshop, Eridge Road, Eridge Green, TN3 9JU – Conversion of existing office/workshop building (B1) to form a single residential unit.
• WD/2010/2511/F – New House, Reflex House, Bells Yew Green Road, Bells Yew Green, TN3 9BQ – Conversion from Class B1 business to one No. Class C3 residential dwelling
There being no other business the meeting closed at 7:50pm