FRANT PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of Planning Committee Meeting
Monday 6th June 2011, 7:30pm, Frant Memorial Hall
Present: Councillors Crookshank (Chairman), Mrs Best, Harris, Mrs Howell, Rockingham and Rowland.
1. TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE
Apologies were received from Councillors Mrs Myers.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS
Cllr Harris declared a personal interest in application WD/2011/0886/F.
Cllr Mrs Howell declared a personal interest in application WD/2011/0917/F
3. PUBLIC FORUM
4. TO CONSIDER LICENCE AND PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AND MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS.
The following applications were received and comments made:
- WD/2011/0886/F – Bayham Farm, Little Bayham, Lamberhurst, Nr Tunbridge Wells TN3 8BD
Permanent planning permission for the use of a building for B1 light industrial purposes.
Cllr Harris commented that this applications is a continuation of existing use which had temporary permission granted 4 years ago. A condition has been imposed regarding external lighting.
Cllr Harris left the meeting 7:42pm
Councillors have no objections following the current usage. It is requested that similar conditions to the temporary permission regarding light vehicular access, not 24 hour working and limited external light be imposed.
The Council support this application
Cllr Harris returned to the meeting 7:45pm
- WD/2011/0917/F and WD/2011/0918/F – The School House, Church Lane, Frant TN3 9DX
Demolition of existing south porch, erection of single-storey side and rear extensions and alterations to dwelling, detached domestic garage and alteration to approved vehicular access.
The Council support this application. However, we would note that porous/environmentally friendly gravel should be used if there is an issue with the gradient of the drive. We also ask that there are no excessive outside lights.
- WD/2011/0844/F – 7 Down Lane Cottages, Down Lane, Frant TN3 9HW
Side double storey extension to create utility, enlarged kitchen/dining room with bedroom and bathroom above. Demolish lean-to porch, front porch/cloakroom.
The Council are concerned with the size of increase in footprint in comparison to the existing size of the house. The Council also feels this would change the whole appearance and feel of the cottages.
This is a relatively densely populated part of Frant. Therefore, these points need to be considered for this application.
Frant Parish Council have no further objections.
- WD/2011/1146/F – 1 Fairview Cottages, Fairview Lane, Broadwater Forest, Kent TN3 9LU
An array of 16No photovoltaic panels (each approx 1m x 1.5m portrait) on supporting framework, sited on the ground.
The Council have no objection but would ask that the panels be removed and disposed of responsibly when no longer functionable.
- WD/2011/1141/F – The Old Chapel, Down Lane, Frant, TN3 9HL
Sunroom to the rear of kitchen. Part demolish and refurbish existing outbuilding to form garage and tool shed.
The Council would ask to remove external lighting and to take away permitted development rights. We would also ask that there be a Section 106 added, tying the building to the house.
The Council have no further objection.
- WD/2011/1145/FE – Staircase Villa, Eridge Road, Eridge Green TN3 9JU
Internal alterations and rear two extension, variation of condition 3 of WD/2007/1051/F
The Council supports this application.
- WD/2011/0703/F – Captains Green, Whitegates Lane, Wadhurst, TN5 6QG
Replacement outbuilding (garages, shed and log store)
This application is not appropriate to Frant and, therefore, no comment can be made. This should be for the consideration of Wadhurst Parish Council.
- Waterdown Oast, Bayham Road, Bells Yew Green, Frant TN3 9BP
Remove pseudo hipped flat roof over garage and construct pitched gable roof with storage.
The Council request that permitted development rights are removed. We would also ask for a Section 106 to be applied to the first floor part of the dwelling to tie it to the house and that the external lighting is removed.
The Council have no further objection.
5. TO NOTE APPLICATIONS GRANTED, REFUSED AND WITHDRAWN BY DISTRICT COUNCIL
The following instructions were noted:
- WD/2011/0545/F – Buckland, Wadhurst Road, Frant TN3 9EP – Extensions and loft conversion of existing bungalow, new double garage with store, new hobby, workshop and garden room, new entrance gates.
- WD/2010/2627/F – 1 Fairview Cottages, Fairview Lane, Broadwater Forest, Tunbridge Wells TN3 9LU – Single storey rear extension.
- WD/2011/8004/AA – 7 Hargate Close, Royal Tunbridge Wells TN2 5PA – Single storey rear extension
- WD/2011/0842/F – 6 Sellbourne Park, Frant TN3 9DG – Proposed single storey rear extensions and proposed pergola.
- WD/2011/0715/F – Ferndale, Mayfield Road, Frant, TN3 9HT – Two storey side extension to provide annexe. Living room, study, 2 bedrooms and common bathroom
- WD/2011/0500/F – Land at Fairview Lane, Broadwater Forest, Eridge, TN3 9LU – Removal of condition 5 of WD/2009/2228/F.
- WD/2011/0704/LDE – Land to rear of 6 Little Bayham Cottages, Little Bayham, Lamberhurst, TN3 8BD – Use of land for residential purposes
- WD/2011/0270/F – Inchbroom House, Bells Yew Green Road, Frant TN3 9EB – Erection of a barn on agricultural land for the storage of farming equipment and animal feeds.
- WD/2010/2909/F – Cobwebs, The Platt, Down Lane, Frant TN3 9HN – Single-storey side extension to provide living room, double bedroom and en-suite bathroom.
6. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- A notice has been received from Playsafety indicating that an inspection of the play equipment in Frant is due in July. Cllr Mrs Howell will attend.
- A response has been received from the Diocese of Chichester to arrange a site meeting. Cllrs Harris, Mrs Howell and Mrs Myers to liaise.
- Quotes of £825 and £910 have been received for the repairs to 2 fingerposts. Councillors approved the cost and work is to proceed.
- New Councillor training is to take place in Wadhurst. Cllr Rockingham will attend.
There being no other business the meeting closed at 8:25pm