FRANT PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of Planning Committee Meeting
Monday 5th September 2011, 7:30pm, Frant Memorial Hall
Present: Councillors Crookshank (Chairman), Argue, Harris, Mrs Howell, Harris, Rockingham, Rowland, Rutherford and Wright.
1. TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE
Apologies were received from Councillors Mrs Best and Hall.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS
Cllr Crookshank declared a personal interest in application WD/2011/1724. Cllr Mrs Howell declared a personal interest in application WD/2011/1720.
3. PUBLIC FORUM
4. TO CONSIDER LICENCE AND PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AND MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS.
The following applications were received and comments made:
- WD/2011/1724/F – Land adjoining Sunninglye Farmhouse, Dundale Road, Bells Yew Green, Nr. Tunbridge Wells TN3 9AG
Installation of ground-mounted solar photovoltaic panels
The Council support this application.
- WD/2011/1720/F – 2 Green View, The Green, Frant TN3 9ED
Erection of a Victorian electric lantern/lamp post to front garden
Frant Parish Council are concerned with the light pollution within a rural area. The property is also in a conservation area. Concern has also been raised as there are bats inhabiting oak trees opposite the property.
The lamp is not in keeping with Frant Village as we have existing swan neck lamps. The proposed light is also only 22 yards from an existing post.
The Council, therefore, object to this application.
5. TO NOTE APPLICATIONS GRANTED, REFUSED AND WITHDRAWN BY DISTRICT COUNCIL
The following instructions were noted:
- WD/2011/1431/F – Unit L, The Brewery Business Centre, Bells Yew Green, Nr. Tunbridge Wells, TN3 9BD – Alterations to roof and front elevation.
- WD/2011/1316/FR – The Abergavenny Arms, Frant Green Road, Frant, Tunbridge Wells TN3 9DB – Retrospective application for 1.2m close boarded fence and 1.8m close boarded fence to decking area.
- WD/2011/1452/F – 1 Broomfield, Bells Yew Green TN3 9BJ – Pitched roof extension at side.
- WD/2011/1154/F – 17 Rushlye Close, Bells Yew Green, TN3 9BB – Single storey rear extension and alteration of existing flat roof to pitched roof across new extension and to existing rear ground floor accommodation.
- WD/2011/8014/AA – 145 Forest Road, Tunbridge Wells, TN2 5EX – Single storey extension with part pitched and part flat roofs. Replacement of flat roof to north east elevation with pitched roof.
- WD/2011/8011/AA – Strawberry Hill House, 65 Broadwater Down, Royal Tunbridge Wells TN2 5NY – Traditionally constructed dwellings comprising 3 no. 4 bedroom houses over three floors and 2 no. 2 bed and 1 no. 1 bed apartments.
- WD/2011/8010/AA – 45 Bayham Road, Royal Tunbridge Wells TN2 5HU – Rear extension and replacement garage with store.
6. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- Following a complaint from Sir Dain about parking outside Frant Stores, Cllrs Mrs Howell and Wright have spoken to Mr Keen for his opinion. Mr Keen has stated that the problem seems to have abated and would not wish to have posts installed on the pavement.
Cllr Wright has spoken to Sir Dain who believes the problem to be resolved at present. He also wished it be known that his concerns relate to road safety opposed to parking restrictions.
The Clerk is to advise PCSO Sarah Roberts of the developments.
- A Planning Committee Meeting is to be held 21st September 2011 in Lewes regarding the proposed Bells Yew Green traffic calming. Objections have been received from some commuters. Cllr Crookshank is to speak for 2 minutes in favour of the work. Cllr Harris will also attend.
- Cllrs Mrs Howell, Rockingham and Wright are to attend the ESCC Annual Parish and Town Council Meeting on 16th September 2011.
- Councillors reviewed the WDC Green Infrastructure Document. It was agreed that private property should not be included.
The Clerk is to respond to WDC.
There being no other business the meeting closed at 8:00pm