FRANT PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of Planning Committee Meeting
Monday 5 August 2013, 7:30pm, Frant Memorial Hall
Present: Councillors Crookshank (Chairman), Argue, Hall, Harris, Mrs Howell, Rowland, Rutherford and Wright.
Also present: Sarah Codling (Clerk)
1. To receive apologies and reasons for absence.
Apologies were received from Councillors Mrs Best, Mrs Kinley and Mrs Myers.
2. Declarations of Interests.
3. Public Forum.
4. To consider licence and planning applications received and make recommendations.
The following applications were received and comments made:
• WD/2013/1452/PO – Reflex House, Bells Yew Green Road, Frant, TN3 9BQ
Revocation of planning obligation dated 11/05/2001 attached to WD/2000/2103/F and supplemental agreement dated 24/01/2008 attached to WD/2006/3480/PO
The Parish Council believes that it could be argued that the ‘unattachment’ of this property from the business, so it could be sold as a separate dwelling, is a clever way of by-passing planning laws, particularly in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Permission to build a significant detached house here is unlikely to have been approved, but the gradual change of this property from storage space to staff/ security accommodation and now a 4 bedroom detached house makes this possible and sets a potentially dangerous precedent. Accordingly the Parish Council objects to this application.
5. To note applications granted, refused and withdrawn by District Council.
• WD/2013/1030/F – Units 3 & 3A Bichlands Business Centre, Benhall Mill Road, Tunbridge Wells, TN2 5JH – Change of use of units 3 and 3A from Class B1 offices to Class D1 day nursery – Approved
• WD/2013/1050/F – 19 Rushlye Close, Bells Yew Green, TN3 9BB – Alteration of solid concrete flat roof construction over outhouse to pitched slate roof incorporating two roof windows. Resurface driveway. Replacement windows – Approved
• WD/2013/0594/FR – 23 Frant Court, The Green, Frant TN3 9DW – Retrospective application for partial demolition and rebuilding of chimney. Replacement of Old Kent peg tiles with new tiles on north face of roof – Approved.
• WD/2013/0318/LB – Ground Floor 4 Park View, The Corner House, The Green, Frant TN3 9DA – Non-illuminated fascia sign – Approved
6. Any other business.
• Cllr Crookshank advised that he has reviewed the distribution list for the Henry Smith Charity. This is to be sent to Rev. James Packman for comments before being brought back to the council.
• A resident has requested permission to have a skip placed on The Green. Councillors were concerned about this request as it sets a precedent. Cllr Hall advised that the Trustees of the Green would be against this request.
• A cheque has been given for the posts on the Green. They will be ordered and, hopefully, installed soon.
• Cllr Hall requested that SGN leave the barriers in place for another few months to ensure that all remedial work to the Green is well established.
• Councillors thanked Cllrs Mrs Howell and Mrs Myers for weeding around the Victoria Well. Further thanks were given to Helen Carpenter for her work.
There being no other business the meeting closed at 7:55pm