FRANT PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of Planning Committee Meeting
Monday 30th April 2012, 7:30pm, Frant Memorial Hall
Present: Councillors Crookshank (Chairman), Argue, Harris, Mrs Howell, Mrs Myers, Rowland, Rutherford & Wright
Also present: Sarah Codling (Clerk), 2 members of the public.
1. TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE
Apologies were received from Councillors Mrs Best, Hall and Rockingham.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS
3. PUBLIC FORUM
4. TO CONSIDER LICENCE AND PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AND MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS.
The following applications were received and comments made:
• WD/2012/0854/FR – The Stables, 10 Knowle Cottages, Wadhurst Road, Frant TN3 9EJ
Retrospective application for conversion of double garage/stables with two storeys to a 2/3 bedroom holiday cottage with two dormer windows, track and hardstanding car parking space.
The Council object to this application. We believed this application to be with the enforcement officer as Frant Parish Council have already written to Wealden District Council.
Our previous response under application WD/2010/1423/FR still stands:
The Council strongly object and believe the property should be returned to it’s former use.
A new track has been constructed over a green field site in an area of High Weald’s AONB. The garage has already been sectioned off from the main building and is not in keeping with the original property. An entrance onto Wadhurst Road has also been created despite no permission being given from the Highways Authority.
However, if Wealden agree to this application despite this Council’s strong objection, we would ask to put a Section 106 onto the property so the cottage remains part of the dwelling and is a temporary accommodation only for holiday let and not to be sold as a separate dwelling for permanent accommodation.
• WD/2012/0670/F – 1 Sellbourne Park, Frant TN3 9DG
Proposed replacement single storey rear extension, proposed single storey side extension and new external spiral staircase serving room above existing detached garage
• WD/2012/0805/F – Camden House, Bells Yew Green Road, Bells Yew Green TN3 9BD
Proposed coach house, pool house with swimming pool, altered vehicle access, brick wall, gates and landscaping scheme
Frant Parish Council object to this application as we feel it is a case of overdevelopment. We have no objection to some development but feel this is not in keeping with a rural area. Also, the footprint of the proposed buildings is too large in relation to the existing building.
If, however, the development is agreed we would like a Section 106 to tie all buildings to the house.
• WD/2012/0866/F – The Diary, Wadhurst Road, Frant TN3 9EJ
Modification of existing single storey breakfast room structure (maintaining existing footprint), new projecting bay to living room, loft conversion with new dormers comprising two new bedrooms with ensuite
The Council support this application.
5. TO NOTE APPLICATIONS GRANTED, REFUSED AND WITHDRAWN BY DISTRICT COUNCIL
6. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
• Councillor Mrs Howell attended a meeting regarding the proposed Community Infrastructure Levy. It was explained that every new build property in the Parish will be charged a one off fee. This fee will be charged to developers and calculated on a meterage basis. A top slice will then be given to the Parish Council to spend as they see fit on services for the community. This money is not to be reinvested into affordable housing.
• The siting for the new stone bench on Frant Green has been agreed. It will be located on the hill, looking over the Village Hall.
• The balustrade is to be repaired at Victoria Well.
• The wild flower area is to be located from Mastingate up towards the High Street. However, a 1m wide path will be cut to enable people to still use the verge for walking. This is to be discussed at the next Parish Council meeting as funds will need to be agreed to plant the wild flower area.
There being no other business the meeting closed at 8:10pm