FRANT PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of Planning Committee Meeting
Monday 3rd September 2012, 7:30pm, Frant Memorial Hall
Present: Councillors Crookshank (Chairman), Argue, Mrs Myers, Rowland & Wright
Also present: Sarah Codling (Clerk)
1. TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE
Apologies were received from Councillors Mrs Best, Hall, Harris, Mrs Howell, Rockingham and Rutherford.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS
3. PUBLIC FORUM
4. TO CONSIDER LICENCE AND PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AND MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS.
The following applications were received and comments made:
• WD/2012/1627/F – 11 High Street, Frant, TN3 9DT
Proposed two-storey side extension
The Council object to the application. We believe it to be over intensification for this site and the extension to be too large, especially within a Conservation Area. We also feel this is out of keeping for an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The extension is situated too close to the boundary and, therefore, the neighbouring property.
• WD/2012/1652/F – Thornbury, Mayfield Road, Frant TN3 9DH
Proposed summerhouse extension to existing garage/exercise room
• WD/2012/1476/F – Benhall Forge, Benhall Mill Road, Tunbridge Wells TN3 9AE
Demolition of modern single storey extension. Replacement with two storey extension
5. TO NOTE APPLICATIONS GRANTED, REFUSED AND WITHDRAWN BY DISTRICT COUNCIL
• WD/2012/1385/FE – 16 Frant Court, Frant TN3 9DW – Extension of time for WD/2009/1137/F (to extend ground floor, increasing the size of kitchen and hall)
• WD/2012/1516/FR – 7 Broomfield, Bells Yew Green TN3 9AF – Retrospective relocation of oil tank
• WD/2012/1452/F – Hazelhurst, Down Lane, Frant TN3 9HP – To render the front elevation of the house
• WD/2012/1071/FA – 20 Broomfield, Bells Yew Green, Nr. Tunbridge Wells TN3 9AF – Non-compliance with conditions 21-25 of WD/2005/3255/MAJ and conditions 2 & 3 of WD/2007/3569/F to enable residential use of the whole property
• WD/2012/1432/F – Melfort House, Wadhurst Road, Frant TN3 9EH – Replacement extension and alterations
• TM/2012/0231/TPO – The Chart House, Wadhurst Road, Frant TN3 9EJ – Fell one oak tree within tree preservation order (Frant) No 75, 1989
• WD/2012/0584/FR – The Stables, 10 Knowle Cottages, Wadhurst Road, Frant TN3 9EJ – Retrospective application for conversion of double garage/stables with two storeys to a 2/3 bedroom holiday cottage with two dormer windows, track and hardstanding car parking space
• WD/2012/0923/MAJ – Stubbygrove Works, Bells Yew Green, Nr. Tunbridge Wells, TN3 9BT – Proposed replacement industrial buildings
6. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
There being no other business the meeting closed at 7:50pm