FRANT PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of Planning Committee Meeting
Monday 3rd October 2011, 7:30pm, Frant Memorial Hall
Present: Councillors Crookshank (Chairman), Argue, Mrs Best, Mrs Myers, Rockingham, Rowland, Rutherford and Wright.
1. TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE
Apologies were received from Councillors Hall, Harris and Mrs Howell.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS
3. PUBLIC FORUM
4. TO CONSIDER LICENCE AND PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AND MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS.
The following applications were received and comments made:
- WD/2011/1964/LB – 1 Park View, Frant, TN3 9DA
Replace 3 UPVC windows with wooden windows to the rear first floor.
The Council support this application.
- WD/2011/1507/F – Land at Fairview Lane, Broadwater Forest, Eridge, TN3 9LU
Erection of boundary fencing.
The Council support the perimeter deer fencing. However, we do not support the use of the metal fencing as it is out of keeping with an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The Council also feel that the metal fencing is not required for security reasons. There is no known criminal activity in the area and the 1.8m deer fencing should provide some security. Furthermore, it is believed that the property currently benefits from 24 hour security. The Council would propose less intrusive/agricultural stock fencing be used.
5. TO NOTE APPLICATIONS GRANTED, REFUSED AND WITHDRAWN BY DISTRICT COUNCIL
6. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- Cllr Mrs Best advised that the war memorial in Eridge is believed to be church property. However, this needs investigating further as Revd Packman is unsure about ownership.
- A sign for advertising has been erected outside the Abergavenny Arms. This is to be removed.
- Notices have also been erected from the Assembly Hall. The Clerk is to contact them.
- The Clerk was asked to write to County Cllr Tidy requesting information about the sale of the old school building. The property that has already been disposed of was sold with the playground resulting in access issues for the remaining building. The response is to be sent to all Frant Parish Councillors.
There being no other business the meeting closed at 7:50pm