FRANT PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of Planning Committee Meeting
Monday 2 December 2013, 7:30pm, Frant Memorial Hall
Present: Councillors Crookshank (Chairman), Argue, Harris, Mrs Myers, Rowland and Wright.
Also present: Sarah Codling (Clerk), applicant to Cornhill
1. To receive apologies and reasons for absence.
Apologies were received from Councillors Mrs Best, Hall, Mrs Kinley and Rutherford.
2. Declarations of Interests.
3. Public Forum.
The applicant to Cornhill, Manor Farm attended in case the Parish Council had any queries regarding the application.
4. To consider licence and planning applications received and make recommendations.
The following applications were received and comments made:
• WD/2013/2169/F – Cornhill, Manor Farm, Bells Yew Green TN3 9BH
Reconstruction of garden store and outbuilding following wind and snow damage
The Parish Council supports this application
• WD/2013/2375/F – Adamswell Scout Campsite, Broom Lane, Langton Green, TN3 9JL
Upgrade of existing grass/dirt parking area and installation of new kerb line
The Parish Council supports this application.
5. To note applications granted, refused and withdrawn by District Council.
• WD/2013/2217/F – The Woodyard, Sandhill Lane, Eridge, TN3 9LS – Upgrade of existing telecommunications site: 3 no. antennae to be replaced with 3 no. new antennae and 3 no. additional microwave dishes to be fixed to the existing support pole – Approved
• WD/2013/2020/F – Foxdale, 3 Sellbourne Park, Frant TN3 9DG – Two storey rear extension and internal alterations to provide larger living and dining rooms, en-suite bathrooms, access to attic storage and introduction of 2 new obscure glazed windows on the side elevation (south) – Approved
• WD/2013/1900/F – Yew Tree Cottage, South Farm Lane, Langton Green, Tunbridge Wells TN3 9JN – Internal alterations, demolition of existing single storey western elevation and erection of 2 storey extension to western flank of dwelling – Approved
6. Any other business.
• The Clerk has yet to write to ESCC in support of keeping the Wadhurst Recycling Facility open.
• The Clerk is to chase the land registry regarding The Old Police House, Frant.
• The bench to be installed in Bells Yew Green is to be completed this week.
• The Chair has spoken to the Head Teacher at Frant School who wishes to have additional bollards installed outside the school. James Vaks, ESCC Highways, has been advised.
• The Clerk is to book the next SLR meeting for January or February 2014.
• The seat around the oak tree on Frant Green, by the play equipment, is damaged. The Clerk is to advise Graham Thorpe.
• The fingerpost on Down Lane needs repairing.
There being no other business the meeting closed at 7:50pm