FRANT PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of Planning Committee Meeting
Monday 1 July 2013, 7:30pm, Frant Memorial Hall
Present: Councillors Crookshank (Chairman), Harris and Rowland.
Also present: Sarah Codling (Clerk)
1. To receive apologies and reasons for absence.
Apologies were received from Councillors Argue, Mrs Best, Hall, Mrs Kinley, Mrs Myers, Rutherford and Wright.
2. Declarations of Interests.
3. Public Forum.
4. To consider licence and planning applications received and make recommendations.
The following applications were received and comments made:
• WD/2013/0318/LB – Ground Floor, 4 Park View, The Corner House, The Green, Frant TN3 9DA
Non-illuminated fascia sign
The Parish Council supports this application.
• WD/2013/1270/F – Land at Fairview Lane, Broadwater Forest, Tunbridge Wells TN3 9LU
Construction of additional building (building 4) and aviary shelters
The Parish Council have no objection to the additional building for the continuation of the animal charity but have concerns should the charity move and ownership change. We query whether change of use would be allowed under such circumstances.
5. To note applications granted, refused and withdrawn by District Council.
6. Any other business.
• Correspondence was received from Cllr Argue stating that the purchase and installation of 5 posts for Frant Green would cost £294.84, including VAT. Councillors approved the cost.
• Complaints have been received from residents that the grass has been cut on Frant Green but not removed. Councillors believe the grass will grow through and the matter should be resolved through time and further cuts.
There being no other business the meeting closed at 7:45pm