FRANT PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of Planning Committee Meeting
Monday 1st August 2011, 7:30pm, Frant Memorial Hall
Present: Councillors Crookshank (Chairman), Harris, Mrs Howell, Harris, Rockingham, Rowland and Wright.
1. TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE
Apologies were received from Councillors Argue, Mrs Best and Rutherford.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS
3. PUBLIC FORUM
4. TO CONSIDER LICENCE AND PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AND MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS.
The following applications were received and comments made:
- WD/2011/1591/PO – Land known as Newhouse Buildings, Bells Yew Green TN3 9BQ
Amendment of the section 106 Agreement to omit the building and land the subject of planning permission reference WD/2010/2511/F and appeal decision reference APP/C1435/A/11/2148675
The Council have no objection to removing the Section 106. However, the Council believe that all permitted development rights should be taken away.
5. TO NOTE APPLICATIONS GRANTED, REFUSED AND WITHDRAWN BY DISTRICT COUNCIL
The following instructions were noted:
- WD/2011/1064/FR – Land to rear of 6 Little Bayham Cottages, Little Bayham, Lamberhurst TN3 8BD – Retrospective planning permission for a parking area
- WD/2011/1145/FE – Staircase Villa, Eridge Road, Eridge Green TN3 9JU – Replace extant planning permission WD.2008/1074/FA in order to extend the time limit for implementation. Internal alterations and rear two extension variation of condition 3 of WD/2007/1051/F
- WD/2011/1146/F – 1 Fairview Cottages, Fairview Lane, Broadwater Forest, Kent TN3 9LU – An array of 16no. photovoltaic panels (each approx., 1m x 1.5m, portrait) on supporting framework, sited on the ground.
- WD/2011/0394/F – 2 Bayham Abbey Farm Buildings, Bayham Abbey, Lamberhurst, Nr. Tunbridge Wells, TN3 8BG – Installation of solar panels to south-east elevation of roof, installation of air source heat pump to north-east wall and erection of barbecue hut/shed.
- WD/2011/0917/F – The School House, Church Lane, Frant TN3 9DX – Demolition of existing south porch, erection of single-storey side and rear extensions and alterations to dwelling, detached domestic garage and alteration to approved vehicular access.
- WD/2011/0918/LB – The School House, Church Lane, Frant TN3 9DX – Demolition of existing south porch, erection of single-storey side and rear extensions and alterations to dwelling, detached domestic garage and alteration to approved vehicular access.
- WD/2011/1141/F – The Old Chapel, Down Lane, Frant, TN3 9HL – Sunroom to the rear of kitchen. Part demolish and refurbish existing outbuilding to form garage and tool shed.
- WD/2011/0886/F – Bayham Farm, Little Bayham, Lamberhurst, Nr. Tunbridge Wells TN3 8BD – Permanent planning permission for the use of a building for B1 light industrial purposes.
- WD/2011/7030/AD – Court Lodge Down, Bells Yew Green, Nr Tunbridge Wells TN3 9AP – Notification of intent to erect 3 bay timber framed/clad barn – Prior approval is not required.
6. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- A consultation document has been received regarding the merger of East and West Sussex Fire Services. The Clerk is to respond.
Councillors have noted the content of the document. However, they would like it to be mentioned in the response that more often than not, the Fire Service believes the Parish falls under the responsibility of the Kent Fire Service. Although the Parish is nearer to the Kent border, it is expected that East Sussex do not relinquish full responsibility.
- A survey has been received regarding parish maps and rights of way. The Chairman is to respond.
Councillors noted that they would like consultation from District Council before any change of rights of way is undertaken.
- It has been noticed that the problem of ragwort is getting worse. The Clerk is to contact East Sussex County Council.
- A document regarding housing allocations has been received. Councillor Rowland is to respond.
- The Wealden Parish Conference is to be held Wednesday 28th September 2011. The Clerk, Councillor Crookshank and Councillor Rockingham are to attend.
- The footpath on Frant Hill needs clearing. The Clerk is to chase ESCC.
- The Chairman re-iterated the importance of Councillor attendance at meetings, stating that any apologies should be sent in a timely manner out of courtesy. Attendance will be monitored from the next meeting.
- It was questioned whether flag poles are allowed in the Parish without planning permission. The Clerk is to investigate.
- Following from the problem with drains in Bells Yew Green, it was observed that Southern Water have taken on responsibility for all drains. Southern Water should be contacted it the problem persists.
There being no other business the meeting closed at 8:05pm